As a Language Service Provider (LSP) we always strive to provide a one-stop-shop for all of our clients label translation needs. In addition to our standard translation and typesetting services, we often like to remind our clients that we offer label compliance review services for those looking to sell their products in Canada.
Canadian packaging regulations are set by the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act. These regulations identify the required information to be placed on Canadian packaging, including ingredients lists, net weight, advertising claims, and more. There are also strict layout, font size and language restrictions that apply to your product packaging.
By providing our clients with a review service for this type of detail oriented restrictions we are able to save you both time and headache in maneuvering such red tape. Our standard process for helping our clients become compliant is as follows:
- Client sends PLG English artwork files of the labels to be compliant for Canadian market
- English artwork is reviewed for compliance regulations
- Changes to English material is made either by PLG or the client
- English material is translated into French
- Bilingual artwork is reviewed again for compliance
- Final edits and changes are made
- Compliant label is delivered to the client
Unlike Mexico, there is no official certificate or other document issues by Canadian authorities to indicate that a label is compliant. Rather the burden falls to the manufacturer of the product to ensure they are adhering to any regulations pertaining to their products. Our finalized work is always compliant to the best of our professional opinion and expertise.
Let us know about the next product you are looking to introduce to Canada, and we can discuss our compliance services to streamline your entry into a new market.